Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back at 2011

 It's officially the last day of 2011 and as I get ready to ring in the New Year, I decided to take a minute and reflect over the past year on the things that I have done and see what stands out. What I realized in doing this, is that while I did not get a big raise, go on an exotic vacation or become the rich woman I dream of being, I did do some pretty great things. In fact, 2011 was a pretty stellar year and it was not until thinking about it that I realized it. So, here is my list of things that I did and that happened to me during the past year that stand out most. And as I look at the year ahead, I am incredibly excited to see what it holds.
  • I interviewed Paul Rudd, one of my favorite celebrities, on the red carpet at Sundance. I also interviewed the exquisite Zooey Deschanel. 
  •  I discovered MMA and begin working out with fighters, ordered my own pair of pink boxing gloves and learned how to not hit like a girl, even if I still kind of hit like a girl.
  •  I went to New York, Las Vegas, California and Virginia
  • I camped along the beaches of California, saw a bobcat that hung out by our tent every morning and got ENGAGED to the man of my dreams
  • I was asked to be a runway model for two different local fashion shows
  • I got to be on the radio twice with U92's awesome Program Director, Kevin Cruise
  • I ran a 5k...no, seriously, I actually ran a 5k!
  •  My beautiful niece Brielle was born and I became an aunt for the third time
  • I got to be a bridesmaid and sing at my best friend's wedding, see my other best friend of 19 years and meet her beautiful daughter
  • I interviewed "Twilight" star, Jackson Rathbone and wrote a kick-ass article afterwards
  • I lost 12 pounds!! 
  • I stood below the feet of Conor Oberst as he played right in front of me and sang nearly all of my favorite songs. 
  • I went to Lava Hot Springs
  •  Daveed and I set a date for our wedding












2 comments:

  1. Awww Zoe & I made the list!!! SO glad we got to have that visit. Love you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If only we would have taken a picture worthy of being posted =(. Oh well, the slug days were totally worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete