Monday, December 26, 2011

It's the Little Things...


My holiday weekend was pretty amazing because I got to spend time with family AND I got to relax and sleep in. Daveed used to think that on the rare days that I slept in, that I was doing it to avoid cleaning the house because I would sleep until 1 p.m., or 2 p.m. and yes, even 3 p.m. While his theory seems completely logical, it is far from the truth. I love to sleep and well, these days, I don't get to very often. So, over the weekend, while I wanted to go see movies like "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "My Week with Marilyn," I let myself do what I do best: sleep.

When I wasn't being completely lazy, I was hanging out with mine and Daveed's families. After two and a half years with him, I realized that family gatherings are getting much more comfortable. I guess being engaged and having a house together will do that. My family treats him like he is one of their own and my five-year-old nephew, who is quite possessive of me, finally realized (with a little bit of coaxing from me), that it is okay to like Daveed because he is going to be his uncle. Once my nephew registered that, he was much more accepting.

Christmas with family was comfortable and nice. My sister-in-law made delicious food and gave me such an awesome gift: a Victoria's Secret PINK brand zip-up Dallas Cowboys hoodie. It was love at first sight. 
We spent Christmas Eve with Daveed's family around a warm fire. We had good conversation and a great gift exchange.

The next morning it was just us and our pets and it was really nice. We spoiled each other but didn't go all out. It was more about showing our love and being thankful for each other. Sounds cheesy, I know, but it's true.
And well, sometimes, love really is all you need. That, sleep and a great pair of boots. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Christmas! So glad. Love you girl! Jo :)

    ReplyDelete