Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Better Late Than Never, Right?

The writer in me is irritated. Firstly, because it took me so long to create a blog. Secondly, because I am creating a blog.

It's not that I have anything against blogs it's just that I have kept a journal since the age of eight. I am currently writing in my 16th journal and by currently, I mean about once every couple of years. The thing about journaling is that it is a way for me to let out my frustrations with the world around me, or write about nonsense until the root of what I am really depressed about is revealed.

These precious notebooks were filled up with words written through eratic emotions and it was special and sacred because it was between me and the journal. No one else was or is allowed to open those books and scan their pages. Blogging opens up my crazy mind to the world, or at least anyone in the world who chooses to read what I have to say. The privacy that I have with journals is non-existent in the world of blogging.

Alas, modern society wins and I finally created a blog. In this space, you will find links to articles that I have written for print and much more. I will write about my experiences interviewing celebrities and will give you a behind-the-scenes look into being an entertainment writer. It is going to take a lot of time, I have been writing for over eight years now so putting up my favorite pieces of the past is going to take a minute. But hey, I can type a lot faster than I write with a pen so maybe there is something to this after all. Time will tell. In the meantime, here I am blogging world. Ready or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment